Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Holden, Utah 6/22

Today was wonderful. Nikki called us at about 5 a.m. and said Tara had phone service for the next half hour so I frantically made a call to Africa. This is the first time I've gotten to talk with her since her 3 minute phone call in Johannesburg. After getting off the phone we got ready and headed to Holden, Utah to visit with Dad. I thought the highway we were traveling went along The Great Salt Lake and through Salt Lake City so I kept telling the girls what they would see and by the time we got to dad's they no longer believed anything I said! We did see a part of Salt Lake known as Willard Bay. We arrived at Dad and Jolynn's about noon and they had planned a barbeque for us for lunch. They barbecued steaks from one of the calves dad raised. They were the best steaks I have ever tasted. We had a nice tour of dad's house, the tractors and the chickens and walked down to see his calves. We had such a nice visit, we wish we were closer to visit more often. We got to meet Jolynn's son, Jeff, and he gave us some suggestions for routes to take to Bryce Canyon and things to see along the way. His wife Lindsey and their boy Kyle, I'm hoping I spelled them close, also came over and we got to meet them. It is so nice to now have faces to put with names. We left there about 4:30 and headed to the KOA in Glendale, Utah. There is not much in Glendale, Utah! There was a field of horses next to the RV space so the girls enjoyed them, I thought K might be a little scared of them but she wasn't. We will stay here two nights. Already the days are not long enough so a quick dinner, a wash of the feet and to bed. Tomorrow Bryce Canyon. We've not had anymore trouble with the truck since we filled up with premium gas.

No comments: