Sunday, October 5, 2008

Melissa Etheridge

What a great night Cathie and I had at the Melissa Etheridge concert at the Cuthbert in August. I could not be happier that we got her tickets and I went with her. She had won meet and greet passes and as it turned out we were the only ones to get to meet ME. She was awesome and it was quite something to see Cathie speechless and totally starstruck. Melissa signed her electric violin and a poster for Cathie and talked with her a bit about the violin, her children and music.
The concert was a blast, I was not really familiar with her music but it is very relaxing and empowering. I believe she is truly the type of person she appears to be. It seems funny to me that she was on Crossroads with Dolly Parton because I see them as very much the same. Real.
Anyway, we had a great time. I don't get to hang out with Cathie often enough and I really enjoyed her.

No comments: